Thursday, October 2, 2008

Not so little now

Ashlyn had her school pictures on Wednesday. This was a very hard day for me. I was not there to pick out her outfit, or fix her hair and tell her 100 times to "show me how you are going to smile". Ashlyn is probably a little relieved that her Daddy and Step Mom dressed her because she got to wear a more "trendy outfit". She knows her mommy would have dressed her in a monogrammed bishop dress with a 4 inch bow, and she would have been screaming,"I am too old for that mommy! Come on. Save those for Madi!"
Robbie took a picture for me, and she looked beautiful. Her step mother, Robin, did a great job on her hair and her cute outfit. Thank you Robin for being there for Ashlyn when I can not. This really means alot to me that you love her as much as you do. Thank you!
I can not believe my baby is 9. Not so little anymore! See you very soon sweet girl!


14 comments:

Amanda-The Family News! said...

She looks adorable!!!!

Hollie said...

Too cute! She's beautiful.

The Johnson Fam said...

Thanks girlie for the comment on my blog!! I too hope this weekend is better than the last few days! Your daughter looks too cute here! I'm sure you'll have a beautiful school picture coming your way very soon! Have a great weekend!!

Grits said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful!

Mommie of 2 said...

the middle pic of her is her best pic ive ever seen. i love it. she looks like such a beautiful young lady, because she is a beautiful young lady. youve done a wonderful job :) i love you

Amanda-The Family News! said...

I checked out the blog - the kids are all so cute... Our kids are so close in age so I can relate!!!Does she have comments turned off?? Let her know half the fun of blogging is reading the comments!!!!

Angie said...

Ashlyn looks so cute for her school pictures! Have a great weekend!

Grits said...

Good luck with your boot camp! I'm going to try to start at least walking/jogging in the afternoons while the weather is so nice!

The Golf Widow said...

She looks 12!You know she was hoping you weren't hiding in the car with a bow!When did 9 become too old? I'm not ready.

Lori said...

She looks beautiful and trendy indeed! How blessed you are to have her in such loving hands while you're apart. :)

Deborah Freeman said...

What a doll!
I love you,
Mom

Deborah Freeman said...

I can't get this to work right...
Mom

ilovepink said...

She is beautiful! I will cry the day my daughters won't let me put BIG bows in their hair!!! You are a strong woman! I know this had to be a hard one for you. I hope you get to see her soon:)